8 Wired Hippy Berliner

A cross between a sour and an IPA (which is perhaps what the IPAs of the 1800s were like after crossing hemispheres on a ship for six months in an unsanitised oak barrel). Interestingly I'm a bit torn; it's not quite an IPA and it's not quite a sour, but it has qualities of both. I'm not sure if two halves add up to less than a whole or more than a whole in this case, I think I could sit drinking it for hours and dwelling and still be unsure. It's definitely not like any other beer I've had, being hoppier and more bitter than any sour I've had, and being sourer (is that a word?) than any IPA. Overall a thought provoking and interesting beer that I'm not sure if I loved or just kind of enjoyed it.


ABV: 4.0%
Brewery: 8 Wired
Region: Matakana
Style: Sour Pale Ale
Wife check: "Well it's not disgustingly sour"
Drinking Song: 99 Luftballons by Nena 

Comments

Popular Posts