Heyday Sweet Rush Lemongrass Witbier

Can't think of the last time I saw a Kiwi Witbier (it's no secret that I'm a big fan of White IPA, which has a solid Witbier as it's base). This guy has Belgian yeastiness, orange peel and coriander showing off as expected, and the name would suggest some lemongrass, which seems like a logical enough addition, but wasn't overly notable (although in a witbier any added flavour can be easily lost under the big and delicious non-standard beer flavours). The lack of namesake-lemongrass aside, this was a good and delicious with a more than expected hoppy bitterness shining through, making it really a bit more like a white IPA than a classic wit (a pleasant surprise). I really liked this thing for something different.

I had it on tap at Brew Union in Palmy, but I can't find much about it on Heyday's website or elsewhere. Would love to see the brewer's notes.


ABV: 5.0%
Brewery: Heyday Beer Co
Region: Wellington
Style: Witbier (although a bit more White IPA if you ask me!)
Wife check: "Hmmm... Not sure."

Comments

Popular Posts