Deep Creek Wisdom IPA

Yum. Probably my favourite kind of beer is a West Coast IPA, really bordering on a double IPA at 6.9% with a good chewy caramel maltiness under a slathering of hoppy delight, pretty bitter but not too bitter, and a mouthful of all sorts of hoppy flavours. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I love a big chewy maltiness that is equally matched by a big fruity hoppiness. It reminded me of "No More Tears" by Ozzy Osborne, not quite sure whether to sing, play air guitar, air base, or air drums, because every individual part is epic, and yet they all come together beautifully.

No doubt a fantastic beer, and one I'll be having again. Only problem is that it goes down quite easily, and at 6.9% ABV could be a little dangerous.


dcbrewing.co.nz

ABV: 6.9%
Brewery: Deep Creek Brewing Co
Region: Silverdale, Auckland
Style: (West Coast) IPA
Wife check: "It tastes like beer... maybe" (she was sick with no sense of smell or taste... I'm not sure I should have shared with her, hopefully I don't get sick)

Comments

Popular Posts