Duncans Uncharted India Pale Pilsner Ale

(Internal debate: start by whining about the style name, or talking about how good the beer was? They say do a compliment sandwich, so maybe say it's good, then have a whine, and then actually talk about how bloody nice the beer is...)

So... Yep, the beer is really bloody good.

But "India pale pilsner ale"... Really? I think if I'd had the beer and thought "whoa, this is really like a Pilsner and yet really like an IPA!" then maybe I would think yep, what an incredibly appropriate style name. But actually I didn't get pilsner at all, and got heaps of delicious IPA but maybe more APA. I could ramble more, but let's move on.

The beer is great. Huge aromas of all sorts of fruity stuff, a slight bitterness, and a nice maltism holding it all together, just slightly sweet. I really enjoyed it, as I was making a risotto. 


ABV: 6.6%
Brewery: Duncan's
Region: Kapiti (Wellington)
Style: IPA (IPPA? - see above)
Wife check: "Ooh that sounds like too many styles for me to say anything about (in response to India pale pilsner Ale)... I can feel the hoppies in the back of my mouth, ohh I like it!" (I'm not sure I've ever heard hops referred to as hoppies before, but I like it)

Comments

Popular Posts