Cargo Pale Ale

Another delicious beer from Cargo. This beer reminds me of what was a mind blowingly good pale ale around 2005-2010 when the craft beer industry was just about to boom, and super hoppy beers were just becoming mainstream. It has a big bitterness and a good strong hoppy aroma, but not ridiculously so like most pale ales of today. It really reminded me of the pale ales I was drinking when I really started to love hops and take an interest in craft beers. It has a nice solid malt underneath to really go back to the old school principles of a well balanced beer where the bitterness of the hops have to be balanced with the sweetness of the malt. 


Pours a nice golden (true pale ale) colour, slightly cloudy and a good head and nice welcoming smell. I love it and I'll have it again.


ABV: 5.0%
Brewery: Cargo Brewing
Region: Queenstown
Style: Pale Ale
Wife check: "It's real fruity!"

Comments

Popular Posts