Brew Union Mosaic IPA

I don't think this one has been on tap the last few times I've been to Brew Union, so naturally I gave it a taste. And I'd say it's probably the best beer I've had there.

I'm guessing it got it's name from the mosaic hop from the States, and that gives it a huge American hop intensity with a nice bitterness and a huge tropical fruity wallop on the nose and mouth. Apparently the first generation was stronger around 7% ABV, with this version being slightly lighter and more easy drinking, more like an APA than a West Coast IPA. But there's no lack of maltiness to hold up the huge hops, it's well balanced to have just enough maltiness to keep it rich and delicious but yet stay very easy to down and taste light and refreshing. Overall a winner.


ABV: 5.6%
Brewery: Brew Union
Region: Palmerston North
Style: West Coast IPA
Wife check: "Mmm, nice."

Comments

Popular Posts