Boneface The Unit NZ IPA

I have to admit that sometimes writing a beer blog that nobody reads is a bit of a chore. Sometimes a just grab a beer and think, bugger it, I'm not going to even write about this. Such a time occured when I was stuck in isolation from the family awaiting a COVID-19 swab result from a contact. But I tasted this beer and thought, whoa, she's good, and I needs write about her. (I didn't, but I bought another one a few weeks later and wrote this at that point).




For an NZPA this beer is light on bitterness, but it's definitely got a massive fruity hoppy burst of flavour and a nice light smooth malty undertone. It ends up tasting almost like a hazy (with its lack of bitterness) but with a much cleaner and lighter feel. If I tasted it blind I'd say the hops tasted more American than Kiwi, so a little unusual for an NZPA, but maybe I'm just a bit stuck on the NZ hops of 2012 or something. Overall I loved it the first time, and I like it quite a lot the second time.




ABV: 6.0%
Brewery: Boneface Brewing
Region: Upper Hutt (Wellington)
Style: NZ IPA
Wife check: "I feel like this beer is different to all the other beers you've had recently cause it's so t without being thick and heavy." (She's referring to the NEIPA/Hazies)

"It's good, it's actually real good, bit it's not amazing. Almost had an oily silky finish."

Comments

Popular Posts