Boneface Sabotage Double IPA

This guy was a bit interesting. It was freaking delicious with massive hoppiness oozing I to the nose and mouth from the time the can was cracked to the last drop. 

To me it didn't really taste like a double (imperial) IPA at all, much more like a New England (hazy) IPA. I normally love a big chewy caramel flavour from double IPAs from the caramel and other similar malts. This beer didn't boast any hint or chewy or caramel, but rather an almost silky character, I'm guessing there were some oats or at least wheat in the mix, so the high ABV and strong malt bill gives a very different character to what I was expecting, much more like a New England IPA than a double. As you can see it poured (all over the bench) quite like a hazy too.


So again the rant had focussed on particulars and not the beer. The beer was awesome. Big hoppiness, both bitternesss and a aroma with a huge fruitiness and tropical punch flavour, and a big thick silky malt (and oat?) base underneath. I would definitely have it again, and again. 


ABV: 8.3%
Brewery: Boneface Brewing
Region: Upper Hutt (Wellington)
Style: Double IPA / NEIPA (Hazy IPA)
Wife check: "I don't know what it's meant to taste like but I really like it, it's real nice."

Comments

Popular Posts