Boneface The Juice Dry Hopped Gose

This is the second time I've enjoyed a sour beer. Perhaps there's something in it after all. The dry hopping was fairly underwhelming (especially compared to all of the other Boneface beers I've had) but to be fair I'm not sure any more dry hopping would have suited.

The Gose is a bit of a mystery to me, it sounds awful on paper (salt, sour and beer; like a bad beer-tequilla) but somehow (if I'm in the right mood), against all logic, it comes together (over me) really well, and is quite enjoyable. It's that kind of suprise like when you really enjoy a vegan meal, a gluten free bread, or a subscription to a yoga website... Against all logic it's just undeniably good.

So... Not really much else to say. I'm never going to brew a sour (well maybe if one day I have multiple kegs and can have it on the side... maybe), and I woudn't buy a lot of it. But as an occasional taste of something different, I really enjoyed this. Perhaps the sneaky hoppy undertone is the real hero?




ABV: 4.5%
Brewery: Boneface Brewing
Region: Upper Hutt
Style: Gose (German style sour)
Wife check: "Eww, that's gross. Doesn't taste like beer."

Comments

Popular Posts