Boneface The Darkness India Stout

Hmm India Stout, is that a thing? I'm not sure, and I can't be bothered googling it, but whether it was made up by these guys or it's actually a thing, I guess they're going for a heavily hopped Stout, and being an NZ beer I imagined it having big NZ hops flavours over a stout. 

It poured nicely (a bit of a spill as you can see in the picture), and smelt like a stout without much hoppy aroma. Tasted good with nice big roasty stout flavours, and then came a small but significant surprise of NZ hops flavours. By no means is this "India" like a Black IPA ridden with hops, but it does have a notable and delicious NZ hoppiness sneaking in under a good solid stout front. I actually quite enjoyed it, even though it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

Also, I like the Darkness (the band).


boneface-brewing.com



ABV: 5.8%
Brewery: Boneface Brewing
Region: Upper Hutt
Style: India Stout (again, I'm not sure if that's actually a thing)
Wife check: "Nup. Just make something up"

Comments

Popular Posts