Duncan's Whippy IPA

Well this was something different. Reading the label, I wasn't sure what to expect, "brewed with mango, vanilla, lactose..."

Renouned for putting wierd crap in the beer, I think they somehow have put a range of things into this beer and made a pretty damn good New England (hazy) style IPA... The lactose does give it a reasonably subtle sweetness, and the mango and vanilla flavours blend in with the massive aroma hops, in such a way that could easily just be big hops flavour. I was thinking it would be over the top and yuck, but it was actually over the top and yum.

I wouldn't have 10 of them, but one was actually quite nice. Even my father in law (who typically likes Heineken and only Heineken) had a sip and thought it was nice.


duncansbrewing.co.nz

ABV: 6.3%
Brewery: Duncan's Brewing Co
Region: Kapiti
Style: NEIPA (Hazy IPA)
Father-in-law check: "Mmm, that's actually not too bad."

Comments

Popular Posts