Proper / Garage Project Nelson Hop Flavour Beer Crisps

Had a crack at these Chips today, kind of marketed as beer flavoured chips. Basically potato chips with some yeast and hops on the ingredients list (hops last on the ingredients list, which I think means the ingredient with the lowest proportion).

Overall, my impression was that the chips were nice, but in no way resembled beer. I didn't get a yeasty taste (although I know brewers yeast is used in vegemite, and a whole range of other delicious salty snacks, not necessarily resembling beer type yeasty flavours), and I definitely didn't get any hoppy smell or taste. 

Basically these were the exact opposite of what I was expecting - I was expecting something that tasted or smelt hoppy and wasn't actually very nice as a potato chip, but what I got was a pretty nice (unhealthy) snack that in no way reminded me of beer, but went down well with one nonetheless.


There's also a matching beer that goes with the chips, which is a cool idea. They use Nelson potatoes in the beer. Not a bad drop.


Comments

Popular Posts